Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fear of Dad

My parents have been divorced now for over a month.

It's been a few days since I've seen Dad.  He came to my track meet and I spoke to him for a matter of minutes.  He seemed to be in a good mood, but I was constantly wondering if he actually was.
A couple days passed since then.  I called him yesterday to invite him over for lunch and was afraid.  I knew that it was just a matter of time before he blew up on the phone in anger.  Thankfully, he didn't.
I've noticed that I have an ongoing fear in relating to my Dad, it's constant.  Every time I think about him or, more specifically, every time I think about contacting him fear overcomes me.
Proverbs 28:1 "The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion."

Pray with me that as I relate to my Dad I am able to overcome my fear of him through Christ, so I can show him grace and acceptance.  Pray also that this fear would die so that I don't fear my heavenly father



No comments:

Post a Comment