Today was a big day with a wide range of activities. The most challenging was a conversation I had with my Mom this afternoon. I learned that she has started to date.
It took me asking her several times if there was something that she wasn't telling us, and when she finally said yes it was preceded by a long silence. She was definitely apprehensive to tell me the truth.
Let me step back a second and give you guys a full perspective on my parents now, as best as I can see it. Mom is preparing to move away to Colorado. Dad doesn't know what to do, but is praying still that Mom will come back home. Mom is now dating her best friends brother, who happens to live in Colorado. Dad doesn't know.
It's a lot I know. My heart is upside down and as I write this and I know that I need God to work in my heart because I don't have an ounce of love for this guy that my mom is dating. I've already tried to look him up in the white pages with possible intentions of meeting up with him to tell him to stay away. Pray for me.
Also, Mom asked me to get back to her with my thoughts on everything. She wants to know what I think. To be honest, I really don't want her to know what I think. I want her to be concerned with what God thinks.
My Request:
As I write this letter to my mom in the next day or two, please pray for the Holy Spirit to move through me in power so that the things I write are eternal truths and not expressions of my frustrations.
I would love any thoughts that you have concerning this... tragedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment